(last) winter home project wrap-up: laundry/powder room makeover

Last year, as you may recall, I overhauled my first-floor laundry/powder room. "Wait!" You're probably saying, "What the heck happened with that?" What happened remained a mystery to you all since I forgot to, say, give you the "after" half of the "before/after" concept. Well, I love it! Before it was horrible and gross and overly utilitarian, and now...



The stackable front-loading washer and dryer (Sears, on sale, half price) freed up tons of space. I had to have a plumber come move the plumbing around, and then a carpenter built the dividing wall.

I lucked out with the vanity (good LORD, vanities are pricey!) by acquiring this lovely brand-new one for free from my sister (didn't work out at their house, couldn't return)- score one for me!

The mirror is from Target - I decided an oval framed mirror classed it up. Repainted the room the same lovely shade (Restoration Hardware) as before with bright white trim.

The little prints are actually a postcard collection of vintage Nancy Drew covers (my favorites growing up) that I framed using IKEA frames! Final touch with a new soap pump that matched the sink and a cute diffuser from Target to keep things fresh.


I have enough room between the washer/dryer and the dividing wall to stash a drying rack, broom, reusable grocery bags and my outdoor pillows for my patio.

So that was wonderful and rewarding and I love it. Finally, I gave you the closure you've been waiting for since last January! I am now just starting a TOTAL overhaul in my 2nd floor bathroom... stay posted!

love k


0 comments:

Post a Comment